Race-Proven 602 Crate Engines and Accessories!
THIS IS NOT THE HEI LOCKOUT KIT - IT IS THE REPLACEMENT ADVANCE PLATE with 2 - C-clips
Top Bars take a beating and should be changed once per season.
Specifically designed for 602 Crate GM HEI distributor - this high-end Plate will Replace a worn lock out the mechanical mechanisms and allow you to more accurately set timing.
Locking the distributor insures the ignition timing stays consistent at all times making for a better performing engine.
Unlike cheap alternatives, this component is designed from high quality, durable aircraft grade aluminum for moving parts and will maintain proper rotor phasing. This separate Mechanical Plate is hands down will provide the best, most consistent and correct results.
Some Cheaper lockout plates sometimes require modifications to work properly (like drilling holes which could be off). Some other kits are made of stamped metal which is cheap and soft. They wear out and are inaccurate. Testing showed timing jumps of 4 Degrees on cheaper plates and some would wear out quickly. Most importantly, we use these because we don’t want to risk ruining a rotor and and losing a race night.
Tip: Engines with lockout plates start harder when hot. Therefore if it is HOT, spin the engine and then hit the ignition switch.
Crate racing was intended to level the playing field. However, after several Track Championships and winning 7 out of 14 Races at Devils Bowl in 2016, we can tell you that Not all 602 circle track Crate Engines for Pro Stock, Thundertrucks, Sportsman Modifieds and other types of crate racing are created equal. If you want to run up front - there are a few secrets that you need to know.
With the proper break-in technique and a little magic - your motor WILL create MORE LEGAL horsepower and last longer. The correct distributor phasing, timing marks, race-prepped carburetor, carb spacer and better Valve Springs can significantly improve performance.
At KillerCrate, we make it easy to buy a quality Race-Prepped Crate engine, deliver it to your doorstep and provide outstanding service. We'll even provide some setup tips. That's because we want you to join the long list of KillerCrate Race Teams who reach victory lane.
Contact us today and let us help you with your next crate engine.
Why Buy from KillerCrate?
• Free Shipping to your doorstep! You don’t have to drive several hours to pick up your motor.
• Race Packages for your Track. We offer configurations specifically for local track rules.
• Fast turnaround time. Did your old motor blow this weekend? During race season, call us on Monday morning and we can usually have you back on the track by your next race!
• Guaranteed Performance specs on Race-Ready motors. You don’t need to wonder if you’ve got a “good one”; because if it’s not great, it doesn’t go out the door.
• Winners Bonus*. If you win a feature in your first month, you’ll get up to a $100 KillerCrate Gift Certificate!
• We’re racers too. We run what we sell. We are always testing to make our product better and then sharing what we learn with our customers!
Bob Godgart and Bobby Hackel
Bob Godgart and Bobby Hackel Run KillerCrate. We're racers who have won track championships at many levels of dirt and asphalt racing.
We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and have helped many crate racers reach the winners circle for the first time. If you have questions, Message us on Facebook.