Race-Proven 602 Crate Engines and Accessories!
Complete Kit that includes headers, mufflers and tailpipes for 602 Sportsman Crate Modifieds. Includes 3" Tailpipe that meets DirtCar rules for 2019
Here's a quick video of the welded and painted kit:
Sportsman engines actually like 3” tailpipes. We make the length at the end of the tail - a little shorter, ending in front of the shocks and place the Muffler 4” off the header collector. Most standard configurations are 3-3.5". In our testing with Beyea, this configuration made 5 to 8lbs more torque at 2500-4200. Some of the guys who tried the new Beyea setup, reported that they were much better on restarts and hit the chip sooner.
SECRET: Fresh Exhaust makes as much as 2-4hp more. Of course this depends on how crusty the insides of your existing headers are. RUST is your biggest enemy with headers. Even year old-headers/tailpipes degrade performance
SECRET: Plug your tailpipes to keep the air, humidity and water out – especially when washing the car. Little rubber/foam footballs that seem to work well. This prevents rust.
SECRET: In the off-season – be sure to spray penetrating oil all inside the headers and exhaust, and stuff some newspaper or rags in each opening to keep air and moisture out. Believe it or not – Most header rust occurs when they are NOT on the car.
These exhaust systems are built to order.
Crate racing was intended to level the playing field. However, after several Track Championships and winning 7 out of 14 Races at Devils Bowl in 2016, we can tell you that Not all 602 circle track Crate Engines for Pro Stock, Thundertrucks, Sportsman Modifieds and other types of crate racing are created equal. If you want to run up front - there are a few secrets that you need to know.
With the proper break-in technique and a little magic - your motor WILL create MORE LEGAL horsepower and last longer. The correct distributor phasing, timing marks, race-prepped carburetor, carb spacer and better Valve Springs, Rated Rockers can all significantly improve performance.
At KillerCrate, we make it easy to buy a quality Race-Prepped Crate engine, deliver it to your doorstep and provide outstanding service. We'll even provide some setup tips. That's because we want you to join the long list of KillerCrate Race Teams who reach victory lane.
Contact us today and let us help you with your next crate engine.
Why Buy from KillerCrate?
• Shipping to your doorstep! You don’t have to drive several hours to pick up your motor.
• Race Packages for your Track. We offer configurations specifically for local track rules.
• Fast turnaround time. Did your old motor blow this weekend? During race season, call us on Monday morning and we can usually have you back on the track by your next race!
• Guaranteed Performance specs on Race-Ready motors. You don’t need to wonder if you’ve got a “good one”; because if it’s not great, it doesn’t go out the door.
• Winners Bonus*. If you win a feature in your first month, you’ll get up to a $50 KillerCrate Gift Certificate!
• We’re racers too. We run what we sell. We are always testing to make our product better and then sharing what we learn with our customers!
Bob Godgart and Bobby Hackel
Bob Godgart and Bobby Hackel Run KillerCrate. We're racers who have won track championships at many levels of dirt and asphalt racing.
We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and have helped many crate racers reach the winners circle for the first time. If you have questions, Message us on Facebook.